OSJ

OSJ
The Crest of the Knights Hospitallers, The Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta, The Ecumenical Order.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Is it "my destiny" I chase? or God?

It's so interesting looking at other people, their lives and personalities...
I have seen a trend with most humans I have met, they look after themselves.
Once self-preservation is not a question, they look for fame or riches... or do nothing.
It's so interesting to be where I'm at in life, in such a turning point into my destiny, after making mistakes and choosing the right path to the best of my abilities, it seems there is a reward finally. But then again... Have I been pursuing Gods destiny for ME this whole time?



Is it selfish to pursue the honest, sustainable change of others and receive loving people into your life who want to fulfill 2nd Timothy 2:22 by your side? We all need a real brother to run the race with us. By real I mean, not fake. Someone who is willing to run after God with everything they have, to spur each other on. It's in that bond of brothers that honesty is built, and you cant pursue God when your "Fine where im at" or are hiding sins that your not willing to let go, including un-forgiveness.

Is it ok to not care about other's lives in the pursuit of happiness, or is it happiness to pursue the lives of others? Well, I think so, and that's why I'm in the ministry. I love to love, NOT FOR MY SAKE- but for His. God has chosen me to love others into the Kingdom of God, using me as a tool.


Have you ever been used? Been a tool? I want to be God's Tool. To be used is... an honor beyond understanding! When I enter the gates of heaven, I want to be all battered and dirty from all the kids I have hugged, disease riden youth and adults I pray for, and experiences I have and simply tell God "God- That was a great ride" but more importantly, the words that haunt me to this day are me wanting my fathers approval, so that when I hear Gods voice I hear "You have done well my good and faithful servant" I need to LISTEN and OBEY my masters voice...

However, it was my mistake to put that sublime reverence on a human leader, which is what I did for a season, and it was wrong. Obedience and respect is definitely a role that must be given to your spiritual leaders, but to treat them in a regard that only should be given to God himself is wrong, and I publicly  apologize for that.


Is it selfish to gain popularity in the pursuit of your own destiny? Once it becomes about you more than God, or even your family more than God, It's Idolatry. Sure you may be the next AC/DC but what's the worth to literally gain the whole world and loose your soul? Check your motives. I hear too many people who want to get a good job, make it rich, get popular, get married, have a family, have a TV show about your family...(That was the amplified version of course) but the thing they leave out of the equation is GOD! How do you expect to be "In the pursuit of happiness" and leave out God? It's like being on a stationary bike! Apply basic bible verses early in life and BAM! you have a foundation ready for success...

   God will lead you all over the place and take you through some crazy situations for sure. It's a journey as real as Indiana Jones, complete with bad guys, and it's YOUR job to begin that journey.
Read the bible,
Apply what you learn,
It's a choice without excuse.
Your a Christian? but you dont know anything about it except church. Well, it's a matter of "Following Christ"

So follow Him.

Did you know that if you read the bible like any normal book it would take 3 full days of reading?

No comments: