OSJ

OSJ
The Crest of the Knights Hospitallers, The Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta, The Ecumenical Order.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A day with David

I wonder if it's Jesus he sees in me that's so attractive, or maybe he covets my time because I'm one of the few people in this world who legitimately loves him as a brother. He claims to be a satinist to the public, put privately he says he's a Christian. He says what he is because of his choices, but his convictions dont come into play. He has called me several times on the verge of suicide, but I was just happy to talk to my brother, loving and caring in every word, never false. I love him and he cherishes me, the battle raging over his soul rages every day, even in the natural it's manifested. "Make a choice" I say, being an example of what love should be, not the abusive father with the love that hurts. It's so hard to watch as his choices get better and then worse, like an old car trying to go up a hill again... dont quit. Surround yourself with people you want to be like, not the drinkers or druggies you call "friends". Choose life so that others may live, Life was never meant to be about you, it was the life giver who saw you in your mothers womb and knew the struggles you were going to have. Even in your pain and bursts of rage you had against God for so long because of your grandpa dying, God was wanting you to look to Him for true love, wanting you to turn to Him instead of all the other choices that numb the pain. He alone can rescue you and heal your broken, bruised, and bleeding heart.

God loves you more than I do, try to wrap your mind around that. So as you go back home and make choice after choice whatever it is, know that the God who made you is showing you His love through me. I will always love you as a brother, I will never judge you or walk away from you, if you ask for advice I will give it.

God never expected you to come to Him clean and perfect, He wants you exactly how you are. Choosing Him means accepting the free Gift that Jesus gave you, and letting Him be King in your life. You dont need to quit all your stuff, but given time with God as King in your life, it will start falling off naturally, and before you know it, you will be free from addictions, shame, lies, depression, anger, everything... It's true freedom. Embrace it.

No comments: