OSJ

OSJ
The Crest of the Knights Hospitallers, The Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta, The Ecumenical Order.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

In the pursuit of God II

I was watching the movie "August Rush" by myself at home when God started showing me things in the movie. Because of being actively "In the pursuit of God" I had a whole page of notes, including some random things not movie related.

   I instantly identified with the child in this movie, applying bible scripture, we are "born into sin" and it's our choice to "follow Him". I was astounded as I watched the movie, taking notes and having revelation after revelation as I watched it. Here are some of my notes:

"Hearing Gods voice is more than just simple obedience to words, it's beautiful"
       Gods voice is not an angry commander reigning over His minions, because 
       "God is love" 1st John 4:8
"The world makes us loose focus, including "False fathers"
       Robin Williams played a very difficult role of a "False father" and showed
       me exactly what it like when you let someone, or even something, have
       authority over you that is false authority. Fight it.
       Who or what has authority over you? Depression? TV? Games? Fear? 
       They are false. Reject them.
"We can hear Him, and if we echo him, will he hear us? Yes. He is always listening"
       I remember "Evan" saying "Maybe if I play, they will hear me" like he was
       reaching out for something bigger than himself, he was reaching out for his
       parents. Like Evan, I too am reaching out to my Father.
       God hears us when we pray, it's a key to be "Righteous" (Proverbs 15:29)
       So... how do you become righteous? It's called forgiveness. Once we are 
       forgiven, we are righteous. (Romans 5:17-19)
"Must bad things happen to us to learn?"
       So many bad things happened in this movie, but there were so many good
       things too, and in the end, everything worked out for good. That's not just a 
       happy feeling movie line, It's biblical.(Romans 8:28)
       I should also point out (as an observation) that God will take us through the
       same situation if we dont learn from our mistakes.


      And as the movie drew to an end, I couldn't help but weep tears and get
goosebumps after realizing he finally was going home, just like one day so will I.
I thought in those tears, this is not a mountaintop experience, it's an "On the path"
experience and have no idea where I'm going, I just know I'm going deeper in my
relationship with God. There are no "Mountain top" experiences with God, He
has no end or peak. It's more of a "How far does this rabbit hole go?" question...


      Wiping tears from my face, I couldn't help but smile as I thought "how am I
going to confess to everyone that a guy of my size was weeping like a 3 year old
girl over a movie like that... To be honest, it felt amazing. when I was done, I
walked around my house and said "I want more!" and God reminded me of a
song I used to listen to when I was 12, I didn't even remember the name, I just
started to whistle it. I found it online as "Crying out for love by: Michael W. Smith"

      I remembered how when I listened to it at 12, I would pretend that I was a
martyr, and when I died I went to heaven to be with Jesus forever... I would be
crying big tears as I felt the peace of God all over me, then quickly shut off the
music and wiped my eyes real quick because I heard my parents drive up,
almost like I did something bad! I totally forgot about that until tonight!

      God is addictive... This is fun.

No comments: