OSJ

OSJ
The Crest of the Knights Hospitallers, The Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta, The Ecumenical Order.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The walk

Walking through the forest by what used to be a beautiful area of reflection and tranquility, I reaalize this landscape was man made. Looking to the streams, paths, hills, and various landscapes, it was all made by the catholics sometime in the 40s or 50s I would imagine. Walking further past the thick trees with is falling leaves, I can't help but notice the trash thrown down here by generations past. Just now I'm standing by what looks like a small creator, and then I realize what this area was... This was a man made pool at one time, and it flowed to a dam downstream which is now just concrete rubble, and from there travels under a land bridge out the other side. So much history in this place. I'm walking by the pool now as I type this blog, and I can't help but wonder what nuns or people walked this path, what were they thinking, what did they pray?

No comments: