OSJ

OSJ
The Crest of the Knights Hospitallers, The Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta, The Ecumenical Order.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sword fighting 101: Attitude

It's one thing to sword fight in an old cathedral where the catholic church used to be, and it's an amazing experience to read a bible verse that seems to hit you in the heart and slowly create change as you let God's word sink deeper. I can only believe that I am honoring this old building by sword fighting and training within it's damp and history filled walls. but more importantly, It's my heart bowing to the King of Kings that honors God. It's not in honoring people or old buildings that have brought me to where I am, It's the reverence and realization that Jesus Christ is alive and wants me to hear his voice, and develop a relationship that withstands time itself.

I'll be posting my sword fighting sessions on this blog for others to do or train if they wish :)

Step 1: If your new to sword fighting, get a smooth stick that is from the floor to your belly button in length. Maybe a broom handle or small dowel rod.

No comments: