OSJ

OSJ
The Crest of the Knights Hospitallers, The Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta, The Ecumenical Order.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Tim's Choices (With Asia Pics)

    As a Child, I looked up into the stars frequently, loving a particular set of stars that were always there. Those set of stars I later found out to be "Orion's' belt". Since then I have looked at those stars at regular intervals in my life, at times looking back and asking myself if I could just go back in time to fix something. Other times, just playing my bass and singing to God in a field, stopping only to notice Orion's belt, smiling and thanking God for His creation.

   Even now I look back on the choices I have made, find very few habits that have stood time, but more importantly, my choices. 

   It was shortly after my birth I was given to a family who God later told them that "I needed a Timothy David" later making me think of the verse "Many are called, but few are chosen" and if God 'needed' me... I must be on a whole different scale! Making me press in and train for the trials I would face, not realizing the trials ahead would train me themselves, and God using multiple events over a long period of time to even still train me for something, leading tSavedo my time in Masters Commission, in Missoula, Mt.

   Watching how a church intimately functioned was an incredible point of view, how some people could be could love people and be Christians during sunday, but different people after church, perfect happy people during church, and after church, have daughters who have abortions and secret sins that the light is simply waiting to hit, but the people with the sins wont let it hit them, so they cover it up, and pretend that God is good without experiencing his fullness and love. Some Christians need to let go, and let God be their physician.

   I told my current pastor during bible college "It'd weird to think how all of my choices have led me to this place, right here, right now, with all of you" and since then I have analyzed how my decisions have led my life, but I cant say that or lift myself up without showing that God alone is why these choices became available, without God, I would be somewhere completely else, pursuing some job that I had only for ME, only for Money or glory. It's funny how we as Christians can still pursue our own glory, leaving every person in the dust when we receive a blessing. Well good news- I looked up my family crest a while ago and in English it says "We are not born to ourselves alone" Basically... Don't live for yourself, live to do what the bible says!! You would be surprised how much you would learn is you actually read the bible. When have you ever chosen  read the bible just to read it like a letter or novel? So many people read it so they can fall asleep at night!! WE ARE IN A WAR PEOPLE! Satan would love it if we divided ourselves, our interests, so that we were a nation of "I" rather than a unified people serving God? Satan would love it if the bible was just a book our grandparents read, and all it meant to us was just a feeling of security or a means to sleep well, only a symbol of dead religion... and not a love letter to us.

I loved swords and Knights as a young child
In 6th grade I was inspired to have a sincere heart for people.
As a Junior in High school (16 years old) I was knighted by my pastor and began a ministry for young men
At 18 years old I had a job for years helping people with developmental disabilities.
At 23 I attended a bible college, earning nearly all of my work for being a pastor.
At 28 I was knighted into the OSJ
Now, I continue to CHOOSE to do the right thing, to love God, and Love others, in that order.

And I still look back saying "All these choices have led me to right here, right now, with these people."
In Malaysia, the Twin towers. (With some of our group)



Some of the best "Saytay" In the world. Singapore.
The largest beer mug in the world.

just above a sink in a restaurant
I had no idea what he was saying.

Sunset in Malaysia.
Do yourself and your future a favor, Love God, and Love others.
If you pursue your own goals, you would be surprised  how unfulfilled you will be when you actually achieve it.

No comments: